Friday, 19 December 2008

Harper Mansion

Once upon a time the Harper mansion was the home of Wellington's most prestigious family. After a series of shameful incidents involving one of the Harper boys, the family left town. The mansion has been vacant for decades and has lost all its glory.


Someone has ditched their old pick-up on the driveway.


The sitting room used to be the heart of the house. Now it looks more like a storage room for distressed furniture.


The dining area has come a long way from the sophisticated dinner parties that were held at the mansion.

Writer's note:
* I've been wanting to make a house like Harper Mansion for a long time and with the new hood I thought the time is right. It has all the necessary furniture but they're all pretty run down. The house is affordable (about €57,000) but it'll cost a lot of money to renovate it.

7 comments:

  1. Someone's got their work cut out for them in renovating this house, I think. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about this house. It's a big house with lots of room so there's a lot to re-decorate. Even the wallpapers are all distressed so it'll take a while before the interiors look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be one hefty project for whoever moves here! I love how dingy it is. I can almost smell the dankness of it. What a clever idea! I look forward to reading and seeing pictures of the renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to do a house like this as well. I think you might have stuck the fork in me to actually do it, lol. It won't be as great as yours but I can still give it a go. Can't wait to see who buys it and how long it will take to fix up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, fun project! I hope someone takes on the task! My first thought is, is it haunted? LOL! I'm obsessed with Sim-ghosts lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Is it haunted" was my first thought too! It would be fun if there were a couple of ghosts, then kids and teens could dare each other to stay overnight in the old mansion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, wcif the grungy maxis recolors that you used?

    ReplyDelete