Sunday, 6 September 2009

Wellington High

As promised, here are pictures of the new highschool in Wellington... imaginatively named Wellington High. All my teens will go here starting Spring 2012. The principal (and the only teacher at the moment) is Nyah Fielding.

You can see bigger versions of the pictures by clicking the pics (I especially suggest this on the floorplans as I made those pics bigger than I usually do).

Front.

Back.

The hall. The first door opens to the cafeteria, the second one opens to the boys' bathroom. The space between the two doors is a corridor with lockers, a sofa and some vending machines. There's a similar corridor on the other side of the hall between the girls' bathroom and the teachers' lounge.

A view of the corridor.

The teachers' lounge. They have their own bathroom behind the door.

The gradework classroom.

The library.

The arts & crafts class.

1st floor.

(click to enlarge)

2nd floor.

(click to enlarge)


Notes:
* The building to the right of the school is the renewed Generation X (the teens' hangout) it's the
Louisville's Pinball Wizard from Simcastic Designs (Community Lots page 10). The building in the back is the Center Drip Coffee Shop (or something like that), it's from one of the Maxis hoods. The building opposite the school is Dolly's Diner, downloaded from loco-plus (and slightly modified by yours truly).
* The pictures are a bit dark because I'm stupid and didn't turn on the lights.

7 comments:

  1. You've done a great job and I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. What are you going to put in the spare room on the second floor?

    I'm going to concrete the outside of my high school, I think. I was playing it recently and it looks odd. Your lot looks a similar size to mine and the concrete looks nice and realistic. I'm so terrible at landscaping!

    I have Center Drip in my hood too! It's from Belladonna Cove - my Sims go there all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely high school. I can't wait to see the new students in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll probably turn the spare room into a music class. Hopefully the school will gain some customer loyalty stars from the students so they can afford to buy the instruments.

    I was kinda thinking about my old high school when I was building the school. The school building itself doesn't look anything like my old school but the outside looks pretty much the same (except we didn't have a basketball hoop, a soccer goal or chess tables).

    I'm currently trying to build the city a bit by adding and modifying the community lots. Center Drip is a new addition so none of my sims have gone there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your school! I built a high school and then tore it down.....Running a school is alot of work! I may give it a try again....you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mizzgin03, thank you :) You should definitely try the school again. It *is* a lot of work but it's a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful. How many teens are enrolled? How large is that lot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the lot is 4x3, I try to avoid the largest lots.

    9 teens are enrolled for year 2012, 5 playables and 4 townies.

    ReplyDelete