Round 16: May 2026
last update/next update
Narrated by Sam.
Ross was pretty shaken up when I got there and so I was when I saw his face. He had a black eye and some other bruises on his face.
"He was bragging to some other guy how he got into bed with her on the first date - and they haven't even been on a date, let alone done anything else together" he said. "I'm sorry dad but I just couldn't listen to him talking shit about Maddie! So I confronted him and then he and his friend started punching me!"
He also explained that the boys would get a marking on their criminal record and that it would be up to the prosecutor to press charges although he didn't believe it would come to that. "Most likely it will be handled with the social services instead of in court."
I think Ross thought we'd be angry for him but we just explained that we were more worried than angry. "It wasn't your fault but you have to be more careful" Grace said.
"But the best thing is to walk away" I told him. "I know it's hard to do but it saves you from a lot of trouble."
"I don't care what some brainless idiot says about me and neither should you" she said. "The only people whose opinion I care about know the real me and that's that."
- Title reference: Heaven knows by The Pretty Reckless.
- This update revolved around Ross again - sorry about that. I promise I'll include the other kids better in their next update.
- The idea for the fight came from this:
- I've never had that pop-up before because usually my sims have a good reputation without me paying any attention to it. At first I was just going to ignore it but then I thought I'd include it in the update... I had to download a police station and everything.
- I've always thought that Madelyn would become a veterinarian. It's a very popular career though so she'll have to work really hard to get in to study it. For example this year there were 745 applicants for the vet school in Finland and only 68 got in. Make it work, Maddie!
- Ross works in the new italian restaurant Casa di Mama that I built just a few days ago. I'll post a tour later. Initially I put him on the culinary career but the restaurant needed staff so he was hired. Speaking of employees, I had never realised that owned businesses could hire locals from the vacation destinations! This helps a lot because I'm planning to build more themed restaurants which will need new staff and I'm running out of townies, lol.
- I figured that at first Sam would find it hard to accept the fact that his son is gay but I didn't want to write him off as a total douchebag so he's coming to terms with it.