Wednesday 22 August 2018

We rule the school, April 2027

Round 17: April 2027

Principal Nyah Marlowe, teachers Phoebe Lind and Quinn Hayes.
Students: Riley Cooper (17), Ross Cooper (16), Madelyn Cooper (16), Jeremy Hayes (16), Skye Marlowe (15), Todd Robinson (15), Liam Cooper (15), Iona Fielding (15), Jesse Midlock (14), Jett Marlowe (13), Kyra Marlowe (13) and Mia Greene (13).



Teachers and students of Wellington High School are thrilled about the new school building. It took the construction company twice the time they initially thought but the building is finally finished and school is in session. There's so much more space than in the old school and the class rooms are better equipped as well. Skye and Todd are just thrilled that they get to sit next to each other. Not that Mrs. Lind allows them to interact much during the class.

Quinn Hayes transferred from Allerdale Elementary right after the new school building was opened. It's a big step but he enjoys working with older students - even if it means there's usually some kind of drama going on. Quinn had kind of expected that his son Jeremy would be joined at the hip to his boyfriend Ross but obviously there's some kind of lovers' quarrel going on because Ross sits next to his sister and the two boys barely look at each other.

Jeremy and Ross stay behind in the science lab after the class is over. Everything's not definitely fine between them. Lately Ross has noticed that Jeremy has grown more and more distant. He asks if Jeremy wants to come over and Jeremy keeps making excuses until finally he says that he doesn't want to date Ross anymore. Ross can't believe what he's hearing.

"Look, dude, I kind of like someone else now. I didn't mean to but come on, we're 16. It's not like this was going to last forever anyway" Jeremy says. Ross is sure that it would hurt a lot less if Jeremy just took a knife and stabbed him in the chest.

Ross spends the whole lunch break crying in the science lab and trying to pull himself together. He doesn't want to give Jeremy the satisfaction of seeing him cry. He thought things were good between them! He sends Madelyn a text and tells her the news.

Jeremy dumped me. Please don't do anything, will talk to you at home.


I'm gonna kill him!

Please Maddy, just don't.

Madelyn has never thought of herself as a violent person but right now she could easily strangle Jeremy with her bare hands. But all she can do is keep glaring daggers at him and try to make sure that Ross doesn't fall apart in the middle of computer class.

The atmosphere in Phoebe's literature class is much lighter. The school library is quite small but they carry all the classics. There are 8 students on grades 7 - 9 but they're all quite good students so it's not too hard to get them to do the work.

Nyah has more time for the administrative work now that the high school got another teacher. This means she gets to do some of the paper work during the day when she doesn't have classes to teach. Obviously she still teaches some subjects but her work load is more manageable. For now she's also happily unaware of the latest plot twist in the teenage drama.

Notes:

  • Title from "We rule the school" by Belle & Sebastian
  • The launch of the new Wellington High School. I still need to make some changes because this was my test run and there were a few things I wasn't happy with. 
  • I had no intentions to break Ross and Jeremy up but Jeremy just happened to take interest in someone else and so this thing happened. I'm kind of gutted at the moment. I'll get back to the situation very soon, either in a scheduled update or a mini-update (I have to check my play schedule).

6 comments:

  1. Ths school looks great!
    Our Sims manage to surprise us every now and then with their own ideas about who they want to be with, don't they... poor Ross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy with how the school turned out, it just needs some posters and clutter and a few tweaks here and there.

      Most of my updates are at least a little bit planned ahead but with the school updates I just let the sims run rampant. I feel sorry for Ross but hopefully it'll get better.

      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. New school looks great!

    Oh, poor Ross! I like that Madelyn is so defensive of him. She's a good friend. I'm curious to see who else Jeremy is interested in though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just happy I actually finished the school. I just need to add some deco and it'll be even better.

      I felt so bad for Ross. I think now Madelyn understands why Ross defended her that one time. I like that they're so close.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of students! Although I probably have as many in high school, I just split them between two schools.

    Your new school looks great. Looking forward to seeing how it develops in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing the portrait of the students is a pain with this many but otherwise I love having so many kids in the same school.

      All in all I like the school building and there's enough space to move things around if I'm unhappy with something.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete