Wednesday 29 April 2009

Up the ladder to the roof

Round 6: 2001-2004


Narrated by Rianna Whitfield.

Anthony and I moved to the Lakeside Apartments in Exmoor. We had to take a small loan to be able to pay the deposit and get more furniture but I'm sure we can pay it back pretty soon. We live quite close to my parents' house now. I don't know if it's a good thing but time will tell.

Anthony asked me if we could be exclusive and not see other people. I was a bit hesitant but I couldn't say no when I saw the look in his big blue eyes. I just hope everything goes fine, I'd hate to see us fall apart.

The landlord is quite nice. She seems to throw a party in the common area for all residents every saturday. It wasn't much of a party though because I didn't see any of the other residents. Anthony was at work but I stopped by and ate one slice of pizza.

We invited my parents and Denise over for dinner. They got someone to babysit the twins for the night so they accepted our invitation. I was glad to see that everything seemed to be alright between mom and dad. I know that dad's quite impressed with Anthony but it was nice to see that he also got along well with mom and Denise.

I had a nice chat with Denise while we played some poker. She told me she wants to study Political Science and take over the city some day. I have no doubt that she will do just that. My little sister is pretty determined!

Next day we were back in business. We're both working hard for promotions. Anthony has always wanted to be a journalist but it's not likely to happen. Mom told us that things have really changed from what they were when she started her career. Nowadays most magazines require a college degree from their writers and since Anthony didn't go to college he has to settle for another career instead. I don't think he's very disappointed though because he seems to enjoy his job as a Summer Camp Music Teacher.

I was feeling pretty uninspired when we still lived in our old apartment but now I've started to paint again. I'm not too thrilled about my job though, art forgery isn't really my cup of tea but I guess it's a good stepping stone on my way to a Visionary.

Anthony got signed as a judge to this new tv show called "Battle of the Bands". He got a nice bonus so we were able to pay our rent in time!

My day at work didn't go very well. The art gallery that sells "my" work was raided and all the paintings were confiscated. Luckily I wasn't arrested but after today I feel like I can't show my face in the art world anymore. All my credibility is gone.

I decided to take a whole new direction in my life. I got a position as a substitute teacher in a school outside Wellington and apparently I did a good job because they offered me a job as an Elementary School Teacher. I also decided to convince dad that we need schools in Wellington because there are so many children in this town now.

Anthony was happy about my choice. He said that whatever makes me happy makes him happy too. He was even happier when I told him that my wild days are over and that he's the only one for me.

Notes:
  • Title from "Up the ladder to the roof" by The Supremes
  • After Rianna got fired (thanks to a chance card) I decided to change her aspiration. She rolled Family and for secondary aspiration Pleasure which I think suits her personality well. Her new LTW is Become Education Minister so maybe we'll get a real school in Wellington soon.
  • Rianna and Anthony live in the same building with Alexandra and Carlo but they didn't interact much while I was playing this household.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Anthony and Rianna are sweet. I'm glad things are going well for them.

    Bummer about Rianna's job but I think elementary school teacher is a better job than art forger anyway. And I'm not just saying that because it happens to be my job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't feel like getting Rianna back in the artist career and work her way up again. It just felt like a natural thing to have her set new goals for her life.

    She and Anthony are my favorite couple at the moment, they're so cute together.

    Elementary school teacher was one of my dream jobs when I was a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete