Thursday 9 April 2009

The world should revolve around me

Round 5: 1996-2000


Narrated by Rianna Whitfield

When I came home from work I was greeted by dad. I know he's busy with his new position as the mayor so I was kind of surprised to see him.

Dad said he had some shocking news and he wanted me to hear them from him - especially since he had heard rumours about me. He said that mom was having an affair with Deacon! I couldn't believe it! I mean I could easily believe that Deacon would do something like that but I had thought better of my own mother. Dad said he had caught them in the act so there was no doubt about it.

After dad left I called mom immediately. It wasn't something I could ask her over the phone so I invited her to see my new flat.

When she came over I confronted her about the whole affair thing right away. She admitted it and acted like nothing was wrong. She kept saying how much she still loves dad but she couldn't resist the attention of a younger man. I really didn't need to hear that.

And then things got progressively worse...

I went to the bathroom and when I came back there they were! My mom and Deacon, naked on MY couch. Needless to say I kicked them both out and I also got rid of the sofa. Mom and I have never been close and after what I saw I wouldn't care if I never saw her again.

I was already in a bad mood and then I woke up in the middle of the night, thanks to my noisy neighbor. Banging on the wall didn't help so I finally went banging on his door and told him to keep it quiet. He was quiet for the rest of the night but I know that tomorrow night he's just gonna do the same thing.

The next day I invited my little sister Denise over for lunch. I wanted to know if she had heard any rumours of mom and Deacon. She only talked about her boyfriend so I guess she's still happily unaware of mom's little "adventures".

Kids! I was afraid Denise would break the fridge as she kept playing with the door. But I guess she's such a skinny girl that it didn't have any affect.

Everything else in my world might be going a bit downhill at the moment but at least I have Anthony to cheer me up. I don't know what it is about this guy. I've never thought of commitment and I'm still not a big fan of marriage but I really like him. He's a few years younger than me but he doesn't seem childish at all.

Dad seems to like him too. He came over and I introduced them. They got along like old friends immediately. Dad kept making faces at me - apparently trying to tell me that Anthony's a keeper and I should make my move before it's too late.

So I did the unthinkable: I asked Anthony to move in with me! It felt a bit weird having breakfast together for the first time but I guess I'll get used to it eventually. Poor guy, he was so nervous he burned the pastries but I didn't care. I'm not much of a cook either.

I've always been quite skeptical about love but if this is how it feels then I guess it's not that bad. I love spending time with Anthony and not just the physical stuff - I like our conversations and just being in the same room with him. I called Regan the other day and she laughed and said that I'm starting to sound like Denise because I only talk about my boyfriend!

We're trying to ignore the stupid neighbor but it's hard when he keeps playing his music every night. We've talked about moving to a bigger apartment anyway. Apparently the construction company is working on a new apartment building in Exmoor. Maybe dad can put in a good word for us.

The last straw was the burglary! There is no security in this building. Fortunately Anthony woke up and called the cops. Not that it helped. He did catch the bad guy but then he let him get away - with our stuff!

Anthony tried to keep me occupied so I wouldn't give the policeman a piece of my mind. We have to move, I don't want to spend another night in this building!

Notes:
  • Title from "The world should revolve around me" by Little Jackie
  • My first attempt at writing an update from the sim's point of view. I'll definitely try this again - it was much easier to write this way.
  • I used cheats so that Rianna fell out of love with Deacon. As a Romance sim she didn't care that he had sex with her mother on her couch but I just found it too disturbing. I wish I never turned Deacon into a playable LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Deacon (not to mention Jackie!) just has no shame, does he? I'm glad it all came to light though, so Rianna could meet Anthony. I hope he turns out to be better for her.

    I liked reading about it from Rianna's perspective by the way. I find it easier to write in first person too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very tempted to send Deacon swimming in a ladderless pool or something LOL I was as shocked as Rianna because I wasn't looking in the apartment and then there they were!

    I don't know if I'll do all future updates in first person but I'll definitely use it for college students etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthony and Rianna are cute together.

    But what was Jackie thinking sleeping with Deacon? At least he keeps things interesting.

    I agree it is much easier to write from the sims point of view. I go back and forth depending of the storyline. But I like writing in first person more.

    ReplyDelete