Saturday 19 September 2009

Silver bride

Round 9: Spring 2012

Back row (l-r): teacher Nyah Fielding (26), Jay Winters, Danny Cooper (16), Charlie Greene (18) and Nico Morris.
Front row (l-r): Janie Greene (18), Liv Harris (14), Calista Morgan, Dixie Greene (18) and Veronica Andrews.

Nyah start her first school year as the principal of Wellington High feeling nervous and very pregnant. The library only has 4 computers so some students have to do the old-fashioned thing and read actual books. Nyah is hoping that she'll be able to get donations and buy more computers.

The cafeteria is pretty crowded during lunch time but there are still a few seats available.

Janie's confidence and good looks make her the most popular girl in school. Girls want to be like her and boys want to be with her.

All the students love the arts and crafts class. Dixie is trying her hand on the toy bench while Danny is learning to make robots.

Other students are learning more artistic skills. Liv, Nico and Charlie work on some pottery while the rest of the kids paint on the easels.

So far everything seems to be going well in Nyah's school. Now she'll have to concentrate on delivering a healthy baby.

Notes:
  • Title from "Silver bride" by Amorphis
  • The school was going well until I tried to get some of the crafted items from Nyah's inventory and my game crashed. I'm hoping this was a one-time thing. I'd hate to find out that the school lot is buggy after all my hard work.
  • I did the class portrait this time but I don't think I'll do it in the future. It's a pain to get so many sims act together for a few seconds. As you can see some of them refuse to look at the "camera".

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that the way it happens in real life too, students refuse to look at the camera :P Curious, where was Erin? Is she in school or doing homeschool with her pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposed to write that Erin is doing homeschool for the rest of her pregnancy but I forgot. The game considers her an adult during the pregnancy so I couldn't enroll her even if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting Sims to look at the camera when you're posing them is the most irritating part of doing portraits! Argh! But yours looks great, even so.

    I love Janie! A little confidence never goes astray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the "not looking at the camera" suits the teens pretty well.

    Janie cracks me up. She spent so much time in front of that mirror during recess LOL I figured she'd most likely be the "queen bee" since Dixie is way too shy for that and Liv being the youngest student couldn't have established that kind of status in school yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be something about school bathrooms! I've always got one teen or another posing in the mirror at my high school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about to start a school in Crystal Bay and I'm always interesting in seeing how other people run theirs. I hate posing sims! Someone always doesn't want to act right! It's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete