Sunday 29 July 2018

She moves in her own way

Round 17: March 2027


Sara Midlock is 18.
(Eve is 26, Drake is 9 months.)


Narrated by Sara Midlock.

I was kind of surprised how much theory we have to study in addition to the grueling dance rehearsals every day. I try to stay on top of everything but I have to admit I'm exhausted most nights. It feels like all my dorm mates are out partying every night while I go to bed at 8 p.m. I live with a bunch of strangers since I was assigned to a different dorm than Frieda, Emily and Aaron.

I'm not complaining though. I love the hard work because I know that if (and hopefully when) I get signed to a ballet company it's going to be brutal. I probably have this goofy grin on my face in every practice but this is what I've been waiting for my whole life.

I visited Eve the other night and she seems to be doing fine even though her pregnancy was completely unplanned . Drake is adorable and he just turned 9 months so Eve is getting back to work. She had just gotten to the Corps of the Ballet before she got pregnant but now she has to start from the bottom again. I don't think she's as determined as I am to become a Primaballerina one day. She says she'd rather open her own dance studio but she'll never have enough money for that unless she wins the lottery.

She's really excited about my studies and prospects. We didn't talk much about her relationship with Gabriel but she did say that it's "fine". I guess they're still working out the kinks of living together after such a whirlwind year.

Freddie went to study on the other side of the country and we decided to try a long distance relationship. It's really not working though. We skype and talk on the phone but we always end up fighting. We had fun when we were together but I think our relationship has definitely run its course.

I didn't want to break up with him on the phone so we agreed to skype after everyone in my dorm had gotten to bed and I could use the computer downstairs without audience. I told him we should break up and he just seemed kind of relieved. We had fun as long as it lasted but there's no use dragging it any further when we both know it's not working.

The break-up was amicable but it still sucks a little bit. Not having my friends around kind of sucks too. Most nights I just lounge around in my room and read a book before I doze off.

Grades:
- Sara, Ballet (Drama), B+, GPA 3.3

Notes:

  • Title from "She moves in her own way" by The Kooks
  • Sara was still going steady with her townie boyfriend Freddie but since I have no intention to age him up they broke up and he'll get a new name and makeover.
  • I'm slowly trying to get back to simming. Future updates will very likely be short like this one but I'd rather do short posts than nothing. I need to finish building the new high school before I tackle the next household though - or at least finish a few class rooms so I can use it for the school update. 

5 comments:

  1. That's what I was going to do with Ramona and her townie boyfriend, Jonathan. She had other ideas though, so I'm considering my options now!

    Anyway, poor Sara. Even if you initiate it and it's mutual, break-ups are never easy. Especially seeing as she seems a bit isolated from most of her friends, living in a different dorm from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm "a bit" behind with your blog but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Ramona.

      I think Sara's isolation from her friends is in some parts her own dong. She's still holding a grudge on Emily for what happened after Ethan's death - I don't think she means to, she just does. She should really get over it.

      Thanks for your comment and sorry for the belated reply! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful update, love the shots of her rehearsing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ballet (watching, not dancing) so it's nice to include pictures of Sara dancing.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the ballet shots too - I had a ballet posebox in TS2 and it was one of the first pose sets I looked for in TS3, for my 2 dancer sims.

    Poor Sara, breakups are hard, especially if your friends aren't around either.

    ReplyDelete