Monday 9 September 2019

Stargazing

Round 17: September 2027

(Sara is 18.)


Narrated by Aaron.

I don't have any sisters so I wasn't really prepared to all the aspects of living with girls. I mean, I thought pillow fights only happened in movies but I've witnessed Emily and Frieda having pillow fights in their underwear at least twice. Whenever I catch them they just laugh and ask me to join them!

Things with Emily are going really well. We've had a similar schedule this semester so we've been able to spend a lot of time together. We've been friends for so long that we know each other through and through but it's still been a whole new thing to have her as my girlfriend.

Sara's been hanging out at our dorm a lot more than last semester and Emily's been helping her with her studies. I sometimes sit down with them to study but I try to give them some space so they can spend time together. I think Sara's a bit lonely at her dorm even though she says she's been getting to know the other students living there. We're hoping next year their cousin Riley will get assigned to her dorm so there'd be at least one familiar face for both of them.

I've been hanging out with some of the other guys that live in our dorm. Poker is 100 % not allowed in the dorms but we sometimes play for money when we take charge of the mahjong table. Not that we'd ever play for big sums - it's just for fun.

Frieda has a really crazy schedule. She finally declared her major last semester and we've been having a lot of the same courses and lectures this semester. On top of that she's now usually in the starting line in the soccer team so she has a lot practices and games too. Sometimes she doesn't come to the dorm until around midnight but I think she probably spends time with her boyfriend too so it's not all work and no fun for her.

Despite being together for a few months now Emily and I aren't in any rush to take the final step in our physical relationship - if you know what I mean. Well, to be honest I would probably jump to bed with her in a heartbeat but just being together feels good too.

She also sometimes helps me with my assignments which is great because she always has good suggestions when I get stuck on writing. I can totally see her working in the psychology field as a counselor or something.

We all did really well on our final exams this semester so we decided to go out for a brunch to celebrate not only the end of school year and Sara surviving first year in college! The Lion's Roar lately started serving cheap food as well as their usual cheap beer so the place is usually even more packed than it was before.

Sara's the only single in our group now and Emily and Frieda kept telling her to check out "all the cut guys" and asking if she wanted them to set her up with someone. "Thanks guys but I can take care of my love life all by myself" she said. I got the feeling she already has someone she's interested in but doesn't want to tell everyone.

We've been lazing off now that the classes are over so it's a lot of video games and bad movies. We're hoping next year our schedule will be more suitable to actually go out or invite people over. This semester we had so many late lectures that we'd have to go party in the afternoon if we wanted to.

Emily and I usually sneak off the make out in my room but there's no chance of her spending the whole night there. The dorm RA keeps everyone on short leash and really doesn't take rule-breaking well but it's nice to have a little privacy every now and then.


Notes:

  • Title is from "Stargazing" by Kygo & Justin Jesso.
  • Ethan and Emily are really in no rush to "do the deed" so I didn't even have to make that up. I gave him a double bed since he's lucky enough to have a single room but they are obviously taking things slow. They still do plenty of ACR-induced romantic actions and roll wants for each other so I'm not worried about the state of their relationship.
  • Frieda's boyfriend (a dormie) didn't make an appearance in this update but that thing is still going strong too. Poor girl has had the want to throw a party for a long time but they all had the same stupid schedule of having their class from 7 pm to 10 pm. Not much chance for partying.
  • Next up is Sara's update (once I get it done). This'll be her last solo one because I'm planning to move Riley into the same dorm with her.

4 comments:

  1. So good to read this again, it's been a long time. I know I can't catch up but hope to be able enjoy the drive from here on. Ethan and Emily are so sweet together. Frieda looks great - what an interesting aspect, to play soccer so competently. Can they have a party during the day since they're in class at night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! My updates are coming very rarely so hopefully you can keep up. :) Their schedule is looking a lot better for next semester so hopefully they'll get the party done in the next updates. Yeah, Frieda plays in the university soccer team which helped cut down her tuition but obviously means more work in the form of practice and matches.

      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Ethan and Emily are super-chaste! I can rarely keep my couples apart once they're at college, lol! They're very cute together though and I'm sure their relationship will develop at whatever the right pace is for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my couples are usually all over each other too but these two are something else. They're still very affectionate but obviously wanting to take their time which is fine and kind of refreshing.

      Thanks for your comment. Sorry it took me so long to post and reply. :)

      Delete