Sunday 13 February 2011

Lot tour: Music Maximum

Winter 2021

Music Maximum is owned by Max Fielding and is located in Exmoor. The shop has been open since 2002. It mainly concentrates on musical instruments but there are some other musical items for sale as well.

If you don't have money, you can just do window shopping. You can see the whole first floor just by glancing through the windows.

When you enter the shop the classical instruments are on your right. A grand piano, some violins, contra basses and classical acoustic guitars.

There are some notes for sale next to the cash register. Max has employed Tyler Davis to work as a cashier and help around the shop.

There are also some recorders and harmonicas as well as guitar magazines and stomp boxes. (I moved the shelf with the recorders and harmonicas after taking this photo because if a customer was viewing those items then others couldn't get to the cash register.)

On the left side you find everything you need for a rock band. Playing that famous guitar riff from Deep Purple's "Smoke on the water" isn't allowed - if you want to test the guitars, learn to play something else first.

More guitars and a huge amplifier are next to the stairs that look like piano keys. Let's head upstairs now!

When you get to the top of the stairs you see posters of members of a famous rock band Imminent Death. (The posters are available for download in my highly neglected downloads blog if anyone's interested.)

There are some stands for notes. These are very popular for choirs.

The shop has some older cd's for sale and also some music magazines such as Rolling Stone and Revolver.

Max also sells microphones and synthesizers in his shop.

The rest of the second floor is for staff only.

The door on the right leads to a tiny breakroom. Nothing fancy, just a place for Max and Tyler to grab something to eat and relax for a while.

The other door leads to Max's pride and joy, a brand new recording studio! That's Max standing there, looking extremely proud. The studio is mainly for making demos but who knows, maybe one day Max will produce a hit single in there.

One, two... one, two, three, four! A shot from the recording booth through the window to the mixer room.

Max and Tyler are recording a demo with Liv Harris, Wellington's aspiring rock chick.

Liv is currently just a street musician but she's hoping to make it big one day.

Notes:
  • Most items are from Around The Sims 2.
  • As many of you know, I've been having major problems with my game for a long time. Maisie from Millwood gave me a great tip to change my PrintScreen hot key and that just might have done the trick. I never would've thought it would be such a simple fix! My game is working much better now so I might be able to update the blog more often. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll stay that way. I owe Maisie my eternal gratefulness :)

4 comments:

  1. I already commented on both things; the shop and the no more crashes, but I'm going to do it again, because I LOVE the shop, and I'm really happy and relieved that you got the crashing fixed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanja, thank you! I'm glad you like the shop. I hope this really is the end of crashes for me. So far, so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also already commented on the shop (and your crashes!) but I will say again, this is absolutely awesome! I have so many projects on my to-do list but looking at this makes me want to add another one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, thank you. My to-do list is a mile long because I keep adding new projects. Revamping Max's shop wasn't even on my list but I wanted to do something to it after I moved it to the subhood.

    ReplyDelete