Sunday 20 February 2011

Unfinished business

Round 14: Winter 2021


Liv Harris is 23.
(Niall and Erin are both 26.)


Narrated by Liv Harris

I went for an early dinner at Tom's Diner the other day and saw Niall sitting at a table with our landlady Stephanie. I didn't know they even knew each other well so I decided to see what's going on.

I sat at a table where they couldn't see me and as they were leaving I saw Niall kissing her - right there in the middle of the diner.

The next day he came over and I asked him about Stephanie. He just laughed!

"Baby, we just kissed. What's the big deal?" he said.

Call me crazy but to me, seeing my boyfriend kissing another woman is a big deal. And I told him so, loud and clear.

He didn't believe it at first when I said we're over but for me that was it. I'm not saying that I'm an angel but I have barely looked at other guys ever since Niall and I decided to be exclusive. I thought we were doing great and I had even started thinking that maybe we should move in together.

That was the end of us. I hope someday we can be friends but I doubt that we'll get back together.

I've been concentrating on my career after the break-up. I've been signed up to perform at a near-by pub, Four Leaf Clover a few nights a week. It's on walking distance from my apartment and the staff members are nice so I like playing there.

I'm merely the background music for the diners on the second floor but it's still nice to play for an audience. I usually play two or three sets per night.

The pub owner pays me €200 per night and I also get tips from the customers. But I'm not doing it for the money. I wouldn't even have to work at all if I didn't want to but I can't just sit in my apartment all day or hang out at clubs every night.

I know mom could easily get me a deal with a record company but I want to make it on my own.

Erin's dad recently built a little recording studio in his music shop and I have recorded a couple of demos there. The last one I made had songs written by me instead of covers. I'm going to send copies to record companies and hopefully someone will sign me on their label.

It actually sounded really good. Max said that I have a really unique tone in my voice.

Erin came over the other day and even though I tried to act the same I always do she still noticed that something was wrong.

I told him that Niall and I broke up. It felt kind of bad to say that to someone who is planning her wedding but she would have found it out anyway.

I put on a huge smile and told her that I'm fine but I don't think she believed me. Niall and I dated for 5 years and I have to admit that it's been pretty hard to get over the fact that we're not a couple anymore.

Erin said that in time I'll find someone new. I was too ashamed to tell her that I've already found someone new, actually two someones.

There's this really cute guy living in our building. His name is Jamie and he's an artist. We started talking by the mail box one day and well... one thing lead to another and before I knew it we were making out on his couch.

Then I met Jacob one night at the pub. He listened to me all night and came to talk to me after my last set. It was so exciting to look into his eyes and see that he wanted me.

We've been out on a couple of dates and they usually all end the same way. We skip dinner and head back to my apartment to have sex. I know it's not fair to date two guys at the same time but it's not like I've promised to be faithful to either of them.

I don't usually get home from the pub until around 5 am so I like to sleep late in the mornings. One morning I woke up earlier than usual, feeling like crap.

The next thing I knew I was kneeling with my head down the toilet, puking my guts out.

At first I thought that I've gotten some flu bug but then I checked my calendar and realized that I'm late. I popped down to the pharmacy right away and got a pregnancy test. I couldn't believe it when I got a positive result. I've always been really careful with birth control so how the hell can I be pregnant?!

I called Erin and she came over after work. We sat there for what felt like hours until I opened my mouth and told her. She looked stunned for a while and then asked if I've told Niall. I felt so embarrassed when I told her that I didn't know who the father was. It could be Niall but it might just as well be Jacob or Jamie.

I wouldn't blame her for resenting me. Hell, I resent myself right now! But she just got up from her chair and gave me a big hug.

"Shit happens" she said. I guess she realized right away that keeping the baby wasn't an option. And the thought of carrying a child for nine months freaked me out. I just don't see myself doing that at this point in my life. It's not that I don't like kids but I just can't do this now.

I told Erin that I could do it on my own but she just shook her head.

"You've always been there for me, whether I needed a babysitter or a shoulder to cry on. I'm not going to let you go through this alone" she said and gave me a sad smile.

I was glad that Erin came to the doctor with me. I was a nerve wreck by the time we got to the hospital.

"Isn't it kind of ironic that you were the first to hear that Dawn was pregnant and now you're the only one who knows that I'm pregnant... the only one who will ever know" I said. She just gave me a worried look. I guess I was starting to sound pretty insane.

Doctor Grace Cooper was really great. I didn't get the feeling that she was judging me. She just explained what would happen. It was over so quickly.

I had to stay in the hospital for the rest of the day and Dr Cooper came to sit with me for a while. She didn't say much but her just being there felt like a real comfort.

My armour started to crack when Erin came to see me.

I didn't except to feel so awful but I guess it's the price I have to pay.

Notes:
  • Title reference: Unfinished business by White Lies
  • Niall started flirting with the landlady when I popped in to play him. Liv isn't the kind of girl to tolerate unfaithfulness.
  • Liv definitely wasn't supposed to get pregnant! She had "Unmarried TFB not allowed" in her ACR but she still tried for a baby with Jacob. I don't know if it's a glitch or if I missed something. She's not actually allowed to use BC because she only has 5 neatness points. Definitely not what I had planned but I decided to write it in.

14 comments:

  1. Good gracious, Liv had a ton of things going on this round. I don't know what to mention first, the demos-good luck with her career! The break up-good for her, if she wants an exclusive no kissing others relationship then she should have it-the baby and men-wow, I'm glad Erin was there to comfort her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Liv, she had a lot going on this round!

    I didn't see the break-up comming, if anything I would have thought they woulf move in together! Anyway she's better off without him if he doesn't see the kiss as a problem, what would have been next otherwise?!
    I was happy that she kept her head high and started dating, but near the end of the update I was so sad for her! It's a good thing she had Erin to stand by her through that though time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Valley, yes, it was more action than I ever could have planned. Everything was gameplay related.

    I hope Liv gets through this somehow. She has her career to focus on but I think it'll take a long time to recover.

    Tanja, this definitely wasn't a good round for Liv.

    I had planned to move Liv and Niall in together but it didn't go that way. I knew she would probably start seeing other guys quite soon but I didn't expect her to get pregnant.

    I felt kind of bad writing this update but hopefully next round she'll be the good old fun loving Liv again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tumultuous time for Liv! Man, I really thought she and Niall would stay together. How awful that he turned out to be a jerk.

    And then a pregnancy! How scary for Liv, not even being sure who the father was. I can see why she terminated - I don't think she could handle a baby right now. I'm glad she has Erin for support. She may need it in the coming months as well.

    I'm glad her career is going well at least. It was cool to see your recording studio in action.

    And I love Four Leaf Clover! Did you build/decorate that lot? It looks amazing! Also, do you remember where you got the acoustic guitar? I don't think I've ever seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Liv! It's too bad though. Will Niall continue to be a playable npc?

    Wow, she must really like blondes!

    I start my BC at 5 since according to the game, sims are neat at 5. I guess ACR stuck again, or it could have been Jacob who initiated the TFB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, I really thought they'd stay together too. I was so disappointed when he started flirting with that tart and immediately rolled the want to go out on a date with her etc.

    Liv really wasn't ready to become a mother, even for nine months. I love it how she and Erin are so close and I'm glad she has someone to talk to about this.

    I really like that recording studio even though it's really tiny.

    I downloaded the pub from MTS. It's called the Smoking Llama Pub and you can find it here:
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/280785

    I really like the original so I only redecorated parts of it, for example I used ATS2's Irish Pub set for the bar. For some reason the bar stools aren't working so I have to change them the next time I play.

    I searched for an acoustic guitar for hours and then finally found it! I felt very accomplished :)

    The guitar is by Atavera:
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/213739
    The custom instruments are in the second post:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=1530813&postcount=2

    Thanks for reading :)

    LaurelCrossing, Niall will continue to be a playable NPC but you'll probably see less of him now that he and Liv broke up.

    Liv likes blondes the most but she's not too picky. She has two or three bolts for at least 10 guys!

    I've been thinking about changing my policy to start BC at 5 neat points. I don't know who initiated the TFB but I was just shocked especially when I thought it wasn't possible!

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the links, Sari! And wow, I'm kind of glad the barstools don't work for you either. Whenever I use them, they won't slide in to the bar. I might shoot Sandy a message about that and maybe she can do something to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, I'm glad to hear it's not just me who's having problems with the barstools. I thought my game was just being weird and wonky again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that Liv will be back to the fun loving young woman we all know. I love her top btw, it's very Liv. Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apple Valley, it'll take time but I'm sure she'll be her old self again some day.

    Do you mean the lace top? I didn't make it, it's by Jessi:
    http://jessi-dot.dreamwidth.org/9026.html

    The knitted sweater is from Under Your Skin:
    http://under-your-skin.com/?p=736

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember when you psoted pics of Liv at N99. She's such a beautiful sim. This round really sucked for her but I'm glad she had a close friend to help her through it.

    I like how you wrote this and thanks for the link to the pub. I really like the look of it in the pic of her walking by the bartender. Now where am I going to put it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle, this definitely was a bad round for Liv. Hopefully things will brighten up next round. Liv and Erin have been friends for so long and they're always there for each other.

    I'm glad you liked the update. Luckily I don't have the problem of where to put lots, my downtown is too empty and needs much more lots!

    Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found a link to your story from another blog and have been trying to slowly catch up ever since.

    Great update, by the way. I feel for, Liv, she's just had one tough experience after the next. Good thing she had her friend there through it all. Hopefully, she can get passed this and heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Wellington, serin :) You've come a long way already. Only one more round to go and you're up to date.

      I'm glad you like the update. This was a tough round for Liv but hopefully she'll be better the next time we see her.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete