Friday 31 August 2018

Don't need nobody

Round 17: May 2027


Liv Harris is 29.
(Jamie is 30, Minka is 9 and Nick and Shea are 7.)


Narrated by Liv

I released my debut album last year and I've been touring a lot. It's actually pretty exhausting to be on the road confined on a bus - I'm not big enough to fly to places - and eventually all hotel rooms start to look the same. It can also get a bit lonely. Obviously I have the band but after a while on the road you get kind of sick spending every moment of your day with the same people. Usually by the time I get to the hotel I just lounge around in my pajamas and call home.

Being home feels like a luxury now and I've found myself even enjoying cooking.

I've been writing some new songs and I had this crazy idea that I should make an album where I play all the instruments. It won't be my next album because I have to get a lot better still. But drumming is fun and at least I can pull off a decent demo all by myself.

Jamie and I are still together but it's become quite obvious that we want different things. I can feel him getting more and more anxious because I'm not giving him what he wants and the more he wants to commit the more I just don't. I like him a lot but I'm not ready to settle down - I don't know if I ever will.

I would probably go crazy just staring at the walls of my house so most days I drive to the city and grab a morning coffee at my favourite café.

One day I just stopped by for a lunch at Seashell Café and started talking to this guy called Jace. He works as a chef at Le Joie Délicieuse so obviously I told him that my sister-in-law is his biggest competition.

We got along really well and ended up having lunch together. I didn't think we'd have a lot in common but some people do say that chefs are like rock stars so I guess there's that.

Not having gigs for a few weeks also means I get to spend more time with my 3 favourite people in the world: Minka, Nick and Shea.

I'm the cool aunt with a swimming pool so I think the kids are more than happy to spend a few hours at my house every now and then.

I even bought a little activity table for them to play with. Lately mom's been saying that babysitting is good practice for "later". I know exactly what she means. It's not that I never want to have kids but I definitely don't want to have them now! My career is just taking off and I have plenty of time for children when I'm older.

I usually play at least one gig at The Four Leaf Clover when I'm home. I just love being on stage and it's where I am at my happiest. The owners of The Clover gave me a chance when I was just starting out so it always feels like going back home when I go there.

I usually get a drink at the downstairs bar after playing a few songs and chat up the other customers. I feel like the universe is maybe giving me a hint because so many cute single guys out there that I have to turn down by saying I have a boyfriend.

Jamie and I finally talked things through and decided to go our separate ways. I really hope he finds someone who loves him just the way he deserves. He's a really great guy and I know I'm going to miss him. There's a tiny part of me that keeps thinking if I made a big mistake but a much bigger part of me is really happy and relieved to be single again. Maybe I'm just not cut out to be in a serious relationship.

I decided to celebrate my new single life by going to Merry-Go-Round to dance and have fun.

I think I'll just stay away from relationships for a while and concentrate 100 % on my career.


Notes


  • Title from "Don't need nobody" by Ellie Goulding
  • It seems there's a real break-up boom going on in Wellington. We're only 5 months into this new round and this is already the third break-up! Let's hope all my sims won't be single by the time I finish this round.
  • Liv and Jamie's break-up was completely inspired by their wants. Jamie was still rolling romantic wants for Liv but Liv's wants were mostly "Meet someone new" and "Make out with 10 different sims" even when they were on a date. I think she might become the first of my sims to never get married but who knows, she might still change her mind about commitment. I never got around to making Jamie a playable NPC but I'll keep him around in case Liv has a change of heart.
  • I'm trying to keep a steady pace with the updates and go through my rounds a bit quicker and in order to do so I will be making some changes into how I play and blog. I really like the way Carla from Sullivan plays her rotation now by only writing one update per month and including other families in birthday posts. Seeing as the number of households in Wellington is only going to go up in the future I think this is something I want to try too. I might not start right away because I have some interesting households coming up but I'll probably tweak my play schedule later.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if Liv will ever get married. She seems pretty happy on her own and just dating around. She's such a fun aunt, and that pool would win over most kids! Nice pictures of her gig, she looks the part of a rocker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's be perfectly happy without ever getting married. I on the other hand want her to at least have kids some day. I really want to do pictures of a proper concert for her with an audience and everything. I need a place with a bigger stage for that though.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. This break-up makes sense as I can see how they want different things (in-game and in story). Nice that it was so amicable.

    I can see a couple of break-ups coming up in my game, I always think of them in terms of new possibilities for my now-single sims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't see this relationship really going anywhere. The next step would have been moving in together and getting engaged and I just don't think it's really what Liv wants.

      When one door closes, another one opens. I usually already have someone in mind for my newly broken-up sims before I even break them up LOL.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. I think if it was a mistake to break up with Jamie, he and Liv will find a way back to each other. At the moment though, it sounds like splitting up was the right decision. And hey, maybe something will happen with Jace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, if it's meant to be they'll get back together. I definitely think this was the right decision for them at this moment. I'm also quite certain that Liv won't stay away from relationships - at least more casual ones - for a long time.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete