Saturday 25 August 2018

Dancing in the moonlight

Round 17: April 2027


Nyah Marlowe is 41, Thomas is 40, Skye is 15, Jett and Kyra are 13 and Lina is 11.
(Iona is 15.)



Narrated by Jett

Skye has a real job now because grandma gave her a job in her lab. She mainly cleans up the place and assists grandma's assistant researcher and I'm insanely jealous. I'm the only of us kids who's interested in science so I should be the one working there. Skye having a job also means that more of the household chores fall on to me and Kyra. It's not too bad, just cleaning the house once a week and cooking a meal here and there. The only thing I just barely manage is mac & cheese but no-one's complained so far.

I'm really into anything to do with nature. Now that the weather is a bit warmer I can spend hours outside hunting for different kinds of bugs.

Skye teases me endlessly about my boring hobby. "You'll never get a girlfriend if you don't go out, bug boy" she says.

She's one to talk! Her hobby's not exactly fireworks either. She's gotten it into her head that she's going to be a famous screenwriter one day. So very often she can be found sitting at her desk, writing stories that she doesn't let anyone read.

One great thing about being a teenager is getting the house to ourselves on the rare occasion that mom and dad have a date night and actually go outside.

We usually spend the evening playing Don't wake the llama. We're all strangely competitive and sometimes probably take the game a bit too seriously but we have fun.

It also means we don't have to eat mac & cheese. Mom and dad always leave us a little bit of money to order takeout. Even Lina likes Chinese food and she's usually a really picky eater.

On the weekends I love to go hiking. There's a forest with amazing hiking trails really close to our home. I've even managed to drag Lina and Kyra with me a few times.

We usually see our family and friends during the weekend too. Iona's over all the time anyway because she and Skye are BFFs but aunt Erin and Toby and Naomi come over quite often too.

Iona was telling Skye all about her date with our cousin Jeremy Hayes. He just broke up with his boyfriend and apparently that was mostly due to the fact that Iona has been pursuing him for a long time.

Skye wasn't happy about it at all though. "Yeah, I'm sure Ross feels wonderful knowing that Jeremy dumped him because of you. What if someone did that to me and Todd?"

Iona was a bit taken aback at first but she admitted that she hadn't thought about it that way. "If it makes you feel any better the date was pretty lame. I don't think he's very much into me after all" Iona said.

They made up pretty quickly and even let me in on their "inner circle", which means mostly gossiping about other people from school.

I think I'll be much happier tending my little garden than starting to date girls anytime soon.


Notes:

  • Title from "Dancing in the moonlight" by Jubel feat. NEIMY
  • Jett is such a refreshing teenager to play because he hasn't rolled a single romantic want yet! He has plenty of time but I enjoy playing a late bloomer (yeah, he's only 13 but still).
  • I promised I'd update the whole Jeremy-Ross-situation very soon. Basically during the school update Iona and Jeremy made out and that was the catalyst for breaking up Jeremy and Ross. But then Jeremy and Iona went on a date and Jeremy didn't roll any romantic wants for Iona. The only romantic want he rolled was "Fall in love with Ross". I guess we'll be getting a lot more drama from this.
  • I've definitely gotten my simming mojo back! I've been playing more during this last week than all the other months this year combined. I just need to come up with a system to get through my rounds more quickly because this snail pace isn't really working.

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, did not see that coming with Jeremy and Ione. Now he wants back with Ross-wow, lots of drama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Jeremy really should make up his mind because he can't save his cake and eat it too. I'll probably pop in to play either Jeremy or Ross pretty soon to see what's going on.

      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Boy, do I ever know what you mean about wanting to get through your rounds more quickly! :)

    It is refreshing to have a teen without romantic wants - mine (TS2 and TS3) seem to always want a relationship the day they age up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My teens usually roll at least the want for a first kiss but nothing in that department for Jett yet. I'm sure he'll get their sooner or later.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. Well, I was not expecting this development in the Jeremy/Ross drama! Very interesting. I wonder Jeremy truly isn't into Iona or if he's still feeling a bit guilty about breaking up with Ross...or is he maybe not into girls at all?

    Also, I think Jett is adorable with his garden! You do you, Jett!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me neither! I think the whole Jeremy/Iona thing is totally initiated by her and he just went along for the ride and is a bit confused now. It'll be very interesting to see how this whole thing develops.

      I love Jett, he's an interesting sim to play even without romance.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete