Monday 6 May 2019

Paradise

Round 17: June 2027


Brooke Greene is 35, Charlie is 33 and Ava is 3.
(Patrick is 80 and Amabelle is 71.)


Narrated by Charlie

Ava is now 3 years old and we'd really like to have another child. We've been trying for about a year now and so far it hasn't happened. We're both really close with our own siblings so it would be sad if Ava never got to be a big sister.

I feel Brooke is getting a bit desperate. She was the one who wanted to wait a while before we try for another baby and now she's convinced that we've waited too long. To be honest I'd be happy with just one kid if it means Brooke will stop being so stressed.

We finally decided we might need some help with getting pregnant after we'd been trying for about a year. We scheduled an appointment with Dr Williams. She ordered some tests for us both to help determine why we haven't been able to get pregnant. She told us we shouldn't worry and just keep trying during the testing.

We're trying to keep our mind off the whole baby-making thing so we've been just enjoying the nice summer weather by spending a lot of time outside. Our backyard is tiny but Ava really loves to play there.

We've been living in this house for about 3 years and we love it so much. The backyard is really tiny so we haven't really decorated it at all except for Ava's toy box and a bench for us. Alexa has been pestering us about buying some flowerbeds or shrubs but honestly I think we'd be better of with plastic plants because neither of us knows anything about gardening.

Brooke's mom got married a few months ago. Brooke said it felt weird at first to see her mom with someone other than her dad but he's been gone for over 2 years now and Amabelle and Patrick seem very happy.

Ava never got to meet her grandpa Chase but with my dad and Patrick she still has two doting grandfathers.

I haven't given up hope of having another child but even if we never get there I'm really content with my life right now.


Notes:

  • Title from "Paradise" by George Ezra.
  • My first update since September 2018! A fairly short one but this is how it's most likely going to be from now on. I'm slowly getting back to simming and in order to make some progress, I'm making some changes in my play schedule. I haven't really figured everything out yet but I hope I can update more often (than once in 6 months).
  • Charlie and Brooke are really trying to get pregnant but so far no chime. I really hope they get another baby but if she doesn't get pregnant in the next few years I'll most likely make them adopt.

4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for Charlie and Brooke!

    I love that Simmers are still blogging about Sims 2. Do whatever you need to with your schedule/style make it enjoyable for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope Charlie and Brooke will get another baby, Ava is so adorable it'd be waste of good genes if they didn't ;)

      Sims 2 is my one and only true love when it comes to simming and I just don't see myself blogging about other sims versions. I think in the future at least some of the updates are going to be more like a monthly update on Wellington rather than just focusing on one family. Kind of like what Carla is doing with Sullivan.

      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. I made some changes to my schedule last year to make my hood move along faster. I like how it's panned out, even though I'm still not getting any more play time! At least I know I have less to do for the blog when I do get play time.

    Anyway, I'm hoping Charlie and Brooke do get to have a second kid, or that Brooke can come to some sort of peace with just having Ava. They have a nice little family, which will still be lovely whether they add to it or not. But when biology is telling you you want another, that's small comfort, I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading your blog, getting up-to-date and I love the way you do the birthday posts! I might just start doing monthly updates (sim time monthly, not RL) and not write longer family updates at all unless I feel like it. But I haven't decided yet as I'm still toying with different options.

      I think Brooke is so determined to have more children that they probably will - one way or another. The Harper family update is already online and there's a little update on Brooke and Charlie's situation.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete