Saturday 26 June 2021

Sound the alarm

Round 17: March 2028

(Sara is 19, Riley is 18 and Jesse is 15.)

Narrated by Emily


Frieda has been bugging us about throwing a party and this semester our schedules finally aligned enough that we actually could. We also wanted to welcome Riley to university so we decided to throw a joined birthday party for him and me. Throwing a party at a dorm is not exactly acceptable but people do it anyway because usually the RAs let it slide. We only invited Frieda's boyfriend Blake, Sara and Riley and also Frieda's nephew Todd and his girlfriend Skye. Mind you, Todd and Skye are only 16 but we figured our party would be tame enough for highschoolers. 

And it was tame until some of the guys in our dorm carried a keg inside. Frieda was pretty excited about it at first but soon realized it meant she would end up spending most of the party keeping an eye on Todd and Skye and making sure they didn't get anywhere near the keg. Aaron and I, well we had better things to do like making out the whole time.

Our party had barely begun when the campus cop drove up to the dorm and told us that it was time for our guests to go home. Luckily he didn't card anyone because I'm sure Todd and Skye would've been taken home in a police car and we would've been expelled (or killed by our parents). We agreed that next time we'd have a party without any minors so none of us would get in trouble in case someone called the cops again.
  

I try to go home at least once a month and nowadays Sara joins me whenever she can. Being a freshman she's not involved in any big dance projects on campus yet but they do have recitals on some weekends and she also likes to practice whenever she can. My birthday's in March so we had a little low-key celebration. Just some good food and cupcakes that mom had luckily bought and didn't attempt to make herself. It's not that she's a terrible cook but baking is really not her forte.
  

It's sometimes hard to believe that Jesse is already 15 and in high school. It feels like the last few years have been kind of a blur and somewhere along the way my little brother grew up to be a teenager. He's already about as tall as me and he just isn't a kid anymore. He's obviously started to get interested in girls and boys as he told me and Sara confidentially. He's not quite ready to tell mom and dad yet but I know they'll be totally ok with it when he finally gets the courage.
  

Things with Aaron are going so well that sometimes I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, always expecting the worse I guess. We know each other so well and I guess some people could find that boring since there's not much new to discover about each other but there's also this insane chemistry between us. I wasn't ready to go "all the way" before and I guess I was kind of waiting for Aaron to just sweep me off my feet so I wouldn't have to make the decision. Of course he wouldn't, he knew I wasn't ready so he waited until I was.
  

I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have my first time with. Well, our first time. We finally did it after a fun night at the Circus. It was a bit awkward at first and we were trying to be as quiet as possible but in the end I just thought it was beautiful. Except for the fact that I had to sneak out of Aaron's room before dawn so we wouldn't get caught. I can't wait to move out of a dorm and into our own apartment after graduation.
  

Life in university can't be all fun and games though. My schedule is nothing compared to Frieda's since she has an insane amount of practices and games on top of all her actual school work but it's still a lot of work. Frieda always teases me that she wouldn't be able to stay awake for more than 5 minutes if she had to listen to professors drone on and on about psychology. I love it though.
  

I feel like I have really found my true calling in psychology and I love learning more every day. I work hard and I'm really happy with how my studies are going even though I definitely don't get A's on all my assignments. It's a lot of work but it's easier to keep going when it's something you really like doing. I really want to do well though because I already know that I want to apply to the Master's program after graduation. Hopefully I can get in even though it means 2 more years of studying before I actually get to do the real work.


Grades, Spring semester 2028:
- Aaron: Political Science, B+, GPA 3.8
- Emily: Psychology, A+, GPA 3.5
- Frieda: Public Administration, B+, GPA 3.3


Notes:
  • Title from "Sound the alarm" by Hudson Taylor.
  • As you can see, I am back. I was able to buy a new computer and after a lot of fiddling around was also able to get TS2 installed and running. So far so good. 
  • I mentioned in my last update with this household that Emily and Aaron were not at all in a hurry to get into bed. Well it turned out that their chastity was actually my doing. I had set their ACR autonomy to not allow woohoos. I often do this for my younger teens and obviously forgot to change it... I think I have to start writing down in my notes to remember to "turn woohoo on" when my sims turn 15 or 16. (No sex for sims younger than that in my hood.)
  • I've started my summer job and have some summer courses as well so updates will come when they come. I'm not making any promises but I will definitely play from time to time because my game loads super fast now so it's easier to just pop in and out of the game when I have time to play.

6 comments:

  1. This is so good, and such so great to see you writing again! Installing the game is a day-long labor even if nothing goes wrong and it sounds like you had to really poke at it to get it running, but if it's fast and humming along, it was worth it.

    All in all Emily sounds happy, almost unexpectedly happy. She's found a major she likes which will lead to a profession she likes; a boyfriend she likes (more than likes); and friends she enjoys. The party with the teens was a close call...nothing like the cops bringing home the 'kids'.

    Love the bright yellow in the dorm and the soft green and purple bedding in Aaron's room.

    Again, it's great to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the installation process was a chore but definitely worth it in the end. Emily is doing really well, which I'm happy about because she's had enough sorrow for a girl her age. She seems really motivated about her studies, I'm not sure but I think this might have been the first time she got an A+ on her final exam.

      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. TS2 loading super fast - I can only dream of that! :-)
    Great that you have a new computer and all is well with your game. You know I always enjoy your updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll be able to get a new computer at some point as well. It's so much fun to play when you don't have to wait for the game to load. Much more fun to play community lots as well.

      Thank you for your comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you have a new PC! Are you playing on disc or with the UC? I switched to the UC when I got my new PC last year and I couldn't believe I'd resisted for so long. All that disc swapping! I still had to do the same fixes everyone else had to but that was nothing compared to the time I used to spend just installing!

    Anyway, it's good to see your sims again! Emily seems like she's in a really good place with everything in her life. I hope it continues for her!

    Ha, ever since I had 12yo Patience jumping into bed with 13yo Jacob, I have had autonomous woohoo turned off for teens! I wish there was a way to customise it to allow it for older teens...but I may just have to leave a reminder for myself, like you've done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up downloading UC from the old games site because I couldn't get the discs to work and EA doesn't offer TS2 in any form anymore. I followed a couple of tutorials on youtube to get everything working properly and then just dumped my TS2 folder in. :D

      Emily is definitely loving her studies and her life in general at the moment. I have a soft spot for these three sims so I'm glad things are going well for them.

      Oh yes, my younger teens tried to do that all the time too. I might write it down in my schedule that I have for all the age-ups and birthdays: "remember to enable woohoo for so-and-so", LOL.

      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete