Saturday 13 May 2023

All these years

 Round 17: June 2028


Ryland and Jackie Whitfield are 77, Rianna Midlock is 58, Anthony is 54 and Jesse is 15.

(Ross is 17.)



Narrated by Jesse

Grandma and grandpa moved in with us a few weeks ago. Mom and aunt Denise were starting to worry about them living on their own because they are kinda old. Denise's house is full of kids, Dawn and Finn live in a really small house and Zach lives in a tiny apartment so our house was the natural choice since Emily and Sara are at college. It's been nice having them here. Despite being old they're pretty cool about everything - even though I could probably live without seeing them kiss each other all the time.

Grandma and grandpa living with us also means that we now have a dog! I've wanted one for a long time but mom and dad weren't so thrilled about the idea. Grandma and grandpa made it very clear that they wouldn't move if Rolf wasn't welcome as well so here we are. He's a very good boy though and I think mom and dad like him too. I like taking him out on walks in the neighbourhood.

Talking about our neighbourhood, I've had a crush on our next door neighbour Ross for some time now but never in a million years did I think I'd actually get a chance with him. He was with Jeremy for a long time and he's a couple of years older so I thought he probably thinks I'm just a stupid kid next door. But then I saw him at Generation X one night and just decided to shoot my shot and ask him out on a date... and he said yes! We went to Exmoor Aqua Park for our first date and it was really great.

I'd never done like an official coming-out-of-the-heterosexual-closet thing with my parents but I did tell Emily and Sara a few months ago and they were really cool about it. Sara was like "well duh, the year before I went to college you were always ogling at Ross whenever he walked past our house!" Okay, fair. Emily and Sara said I should just tell mom and dad because they'd be cool about it too. So when dad asked where I'd been I told him I was on a date with Ross from next door. He just grinned and said "good for you!" I was a bit worried what grandma and grandpa would say but they too were super cool about it. I told grandma during breakfast one morning and she just said "that's wonderful sweetheart, he seems like such a nice young man". Mom and dad did kind of force me to invite Ross over for dinner but mom promised they'd be on their best behaviour and they were.

I don't know if Ross and I are quite boyfriends yet because we've only been on a couple of dates but he's funny and cute. Who knows what will happen to us especially after Ross goes to college but I'm having fun now so that's pretty awesome.


Notes:
  • Title from "All these years" by Eva & Manu.
  • I thought I'd never update this blog again because real life has been crazy. I won't go into details but between work, school and some personal stuff I just haven't had the slightest thought to my sims. But they have been waiting for me and now it seemed like a perfect time to get back to my game.
  • In case there are still some people who check out this blog - I don't want to make any promises about future updates. If I do end up playing on a more regular basis then I will also write posts for the blog. Most likely I'll do one monthly update that will include all the households in the play schedule for that month and try to keep it as short as possible.
  • Anyway, Jesse is bisexual and I've been meaning to pair him up with Ross. I had kind of forgotten that they are neighbours! But then again Ross is 2 years older and has his own friends so it's not completely impossible that they haven't been friends. I don't know if they are endgame but that's the fun of it.
  • I plan to include most of my elders in their kids' updates whether or not they live on their own or with their kids. I'm trying to cut back the number of households in one rotation and elder households tend to be a bit boring anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the good read! My Sims have been taking a back seat, too, what with work, personal stuff (too many deaths in my family last year) and a new computer. I have not yet decided whether or not to revive New Maximiliania, as what little playtime I have is currently going into Hogwarts Legacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I'm happy you liked the post. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. And starting over with a new computer can be quite tedious. I've been playing other games as well but I started missing my sims. Good to have you still here :)

      Thank you for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. glad to see an update, yes real life can get in away of lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you here. Thank you for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete