Round 15: August 2023
(Emily is 15.)
Narrated by Alexandra Hayes.
Emily's mom keeps them pretty grounded though because they know that all hell would break loose for both of them if they broke the rules we've given them.
The ambulance came pretty quickly and Ethan was taken to the ER at Exmoor City Hospital. I couldn't go with them because they needed all the space to take care of him so we followed them in our car.
After a few hours Ethan was transferred from the ER to one of the patient rooms and we got to see him.
"I'm so sorry but I have to be completely honest with you. Ethan's brain was without oxygen for too long and he has suffered a massive brain injury. He is now on a ventilator but that is the only thing keeping him alive. It is most likely that he won't wake up" Grace said and after giving me a hug she left the room.
I sat by his bed for what felt like hours, begging for him to wake up, praying for any sign that he was still there.
Days went by and nothing happened. He looked so peaceful, like he was just sleeping but the constant noise of the ventilator and the tubes coming in and out made it impossible to pretend that everything was alright.
- Title reference: Some die young by Laleh
- Poor Ethan was the unfortunate sim to roll the "death by illness" ros.
- This was the most difficult update I've ever had to written. I've been dreading this update ever since I rolled the ros and I actually had to fight back tears as I was playing and especially when I wrote those last few lines. The fact that I had to kill off such a young sim really broke my heart. I hope I don't roll a death ros for a long time!
- I was curious so I aged up Ethan temporarily to see what he would've looked like as an adult (really good BTW). However I won't publish the pic until Aaron ages to adultsince he and Ethan look so much alike. Ethan's obituary will be up tomorrow.
- Obviously I don't have any medical knowledge so any factual errors are completely unintentional.