Saturday 30 March 2013

Happy Birthday, April 2024

Charlie is impressed with Brooke's zen-like attitude towards the birth of their baby. Maybe it's the yoga classes she took during the pregnancy or maybe it's just the fact that she's finally going to have the baby she's been hoping for so long. Whatever it is, she's perfectly calm.

Two hours later though she's feeling less zen and more like "Get this baby out of me now!" All the pain is quickly forgotten though when Brooke gets their daughter, Ava Lorelei, in her arms for the first time.

Charlie is ready to take his girls home after they've stayed in the hospital for a couple of days.

Doctor Sandra Williams checks the baby and tells the new parents that she's ready to be taken home.

Little Ava has red hair and grandma Amabelle's light blue eyes.

Notes:

  • As most of you know I've been having some really serious problems with my game. I still don't know what was causing it but after removing most of my CC the game started loading again without crashing every time. I'm slowly adding stuff back to my DL folder but I think I'll try to keep the numbers down this time so my sims houses might look different because some stuff is missing. I'd rather sacrifice a few items of CC than not be able to play at all.
  • Once again I'm completely in awe with how the genetics work in this game. Ava's eye colour is from her maternal grandmother and Ava is the second sim to get that eye colour from Amabelle, the first is her aunt Paige. With her parents both having green eyes I think it's amazing that she got blue eyes.
  • FYI, I've finally written the post about the faculty system, you can find the link (Brixton University) in the sidebar.

6 comments:

  1. How sweet to have a little girl for them, looking forward to seeing them at home with Ava. It's exciting when they pull genetics from a previous generation, I'm excited to see who she looks like.

    Glad that your game is playing better and loading quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy for Brooke and Charlie, but especially for Brooke because she's been wanting a child for so long. I can't wait to see who she looks like so I guess I'll just have to keep playing.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I had actually picked a totally different name for the baby but then it just didn't feel right. Then I thought about Ava Lorelei and it just seemed to fit her. I'm glad you like it too.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. I love it when recessive genes come out to play. Ava is beautiful! The red hair, light eyes and dark skin combination is so striking.

    Glad your game is running smoothly. Long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Ava's colouring, that eye colour makes her unique. She got the hair and the skintone from Charlie so I'm really hoping that she gets Brooke's nose, lol. I want someone to get that nose and I think Brooke and Charlie's kids are my last hope!

      I hope this is the end of problems for now. What surprises me is that I really enjoy playing with less CC because my game runs so much better now.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete