Saturday 3 April 2010

Misunderstood

Round 12: Winter 2017


Amabelle and Chase Harper are 62, Alexa is 25, Connor and Dane are 6 months and Will Monroe is 31.
(Brooke is 25.)


Narrated by Alexa Harper

Mom and Dad still act like newlyweds even after 40 years together. I think it's sweet and I hope that's how Will and I are going to be when we get to their age.

So far no complaints. Our lives are pretty hectic at the moment with the twins and our careers and whatnots but we manage to steal a moment for romance every now and then.

I've been feeling really uninspired about my job lately. I don't think I have that killer instinct that's required for a top-notch journalist. Brooke always says I have to toughen up if I want to become a real fashion editor one day but I've started to feel that I don't want that.

Will suggested that maybe I should quit my job and really figure out what I want to do with my life. Mom and Dad are going to continue working for a few years anyway so we can definitely afford to have me at home taking care of the kids.

And it's not like I don't have stuff to do. We finally set the date for our wedding and it's most definitely going to happen this summer. So I have a lot of planning to do.

I love being a mother. It can be quite tiring to take care of two babies but luckily the boys are making it easier for us. They never cry at the same time, especially when I'm alone with them. I usually manage to get the first one back in his crib by the time the other starts crying. I've gotten pretty good at this!

Mom has been helping a lot. She doesn't have to work every day and even when she does she usually goes to work after Will has gotten home.

Mom caught the flu. At first she was just really tired and her voice was a bit hoarse.

The next morning she sounded like she could cough up her lungs any minute. She said she'd better stay away from me and the babies so that we don't get sick as well.

I could tell she was bored. She's usually so active that staying in bed all day isn't really her thing. I carried a bunch of books for her to read so that she could keep herself entertained.

Luckily she started feeling a lot better the next day so apparently it wasn't anything serious. I made her some chicken soup as soon as she felt like eating something.

Mom's not the only one I have to worry about at the moment. Brooke came over for dinner and I could tell that something was bothering her. I finally confronted her after everyone else had gone to bed.

"I know there's something wrong, tell me what it is" I said.

She started crying and said that she misses Charlie so much but he has a new girlfriend now.

"I feel so awful. I made a huge mistake, I never should've dumped him", she sobbed.

"Brooke, you have to tell him. What if he feels the same way but he doesn't have the courage to tell you? You dumped him so you have to be the one to mend things too", I said.

I think I got through to her. She even managed to smile before she left. I hope everything will go well for her but who knows what Charlie thinks. I haven't seen him for ages.

I sat in front of the fire before I went upstairs. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am but it's days like these that make me feel really grateful. I have the love of my life and two beautiful babies, all sleeping upstairs. Life couldn't get much better than this.

Extras:
The renovations of the mansion continue. Finally the exteriors are starting to look better.

It went from this...

...to this! I also changed the driveway but forgot to take a new picture. I hate the roof but I'm too lazy to start modifying it and also afraid that I might mess it up too badly.

Notes:
  • Title from "Misunderstood" by Robbie Williams
  • Excuse me for the lame family portrait. I still haven't figured out what to do with the babies other than have some adults holding them.
  • As you might have guessed, Amabelle was the first sim to roll the Flu epidemic! ROS.
  • Finally Will and Alexa are getting married. Some of you might remember that they were supposed to get married last summer (2016) but then she got pregnant and didn't want to wobble down the aisle ;) The wedding is scheduled for this summer. I would've sent Alexa buying for a dress but I don't have any place to send her. Wellington needs a bridal shop or some general clothes store.

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing before and after pictures! And the house is looking great! They (you) did a great job!


    I love Brooke's outfit! Where did you get those earings? And the Sweater? And Amabelle's outfit?
    (Sorry for the questions!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the mansion is still being renovated. It's going to be beautiful once it's all done.

    Poor Brooke, hopefully things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading :)

    Tanja, I'm glad you like the house. The garden still needs work but otherwise it's starting to look good.

    I don't mind the WCIF questions at all so ask anytime :) I might not always remember where I got some items but I'll try my best to dig 'em up.

    Brooke's earrings are by icedmango and can be found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289155

    Her sweater is by Amaryll and can be found here: http://witheredlilies.livejournal.com/7916.html

    I don't honestly have any idea where I got Amabelle's outfit but it might be from Fashion Twist: http://www.fashiontwist.org/
    My browser won't open the pages properly at the moment so I can't check if it's from there.

    Apple Valley, thanks. I'm terrible at landscaping but I'll do my best. They need more furniture as they still only have the basics but I'll try to get the garden look nice for the wedding.

    Brooke's update is coming up tomorrow so you'll get to see how she's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm glad they've set a date finally! This wedding will be stunning, I'm sure, with such a good looking couple and a gorgeous house as a backdrop!

    I had a feeling this was coming for Brooke. Poor girl...I hope she can work something out for herself, whether that's with Charlie, or finding someone else to make her happy.

    Re: family portraits - What I normally do now, based on Laura's advice, is I use the facial overlay on the parent, have them pick up the baby and then have another Sim walk in front of them. Sometimes I have to do it a lot before I get the result I'm after (and sometimes I just say "eff it" and leave it!) but I can usually get the Sims to look in the direction I want them to and then freeze them. I find it makes all the difference and it then doesn't even bother me that they're doing the same pose all the time. If I'm lucky, sometimes even the baby will turn to look at the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, I'm gonna really work on this wedding and try to make it as good as possible. I'm usually too lazy to even try LOL

    I feel bad for Brooke too. Her update is next (it's probably already up) and you'll get to see her make some kind of decision.

    Thanks for the advice about the family portraits, I'll try that the next time there's a baby in the family.

    ReplyDelete