Wednesday 10 February 2010

Closer

Round 11: Autumn 2015


Amabelle and Chase Harper are 60, Alexa is 23 and Will Monroe is 30.


Narrated by Alexa Harper

Will moved in to live with us a few months ago. This has been the happiest time of my life. It's so great to finally spend more time together. I think mom and dad are also quite happy that one of their kids will continue living in the mansion and renovating it.

For a while it looked like Brooke would end up living here too since she moved in after she graduated. However she moved to one of the Rochester Grove apartments in Wellington a few weeks ago.

We were all quite surprised when Brooke broke up with Charlie. They had been together for 8 years when she dumped him. We just think it all seemed so sudden. Mom has been asking me if I know why she dumped him but I have no clue. One moment they were planning their future together and the next she said she doesn't want to be with him anymore.

Dad doesn't let the break-up stop him from inviting Charlie for a visit every now and then. I think he's secretly hoping that Brooke will come over at the same time and she and Charlie will miraculously fall back in love with each other.

So far dad's efforts have been useless but I think he just genuinely enjoys spending time with Charlie. I have a feeling that Charlie still loves Brooke. He's always asking about how she's doing. I feel sorry for the guy but I really don't want to interfere.

Will asked me out on a date. I'm glad I wore my party dress since he took me to have dinner at Joie Délicieuse. I would've looked out of place in my casual dress there.

After we had finished our dinner and were waiting for coffee he suddenly pulled out a box out of his pocket. Then he told me he loves me and asked me to marry him!

Of course I said yes. And the ring! It's the most beautiful piece of jewelry I've ever seen. I'll never take it out of my finger!

Mom and dad insisted on throwing an engagement party for us. They invited Paige and Jack and Brooke and our closest friends. Everyone looked so gorgeous in their formal wear.

The party was a success and everyone seemed to have a great time. Patsy and Camryn couldn't stop talking about their daughter Mia. They adopted her a short time ago and talked about her to everyone who wanted to listen. I think they're such a sweet couple and I'm so happy for them.

Will and I only had eyes for each other. We're planning to get married next summer so we'll have plenty of time to plan the wedding. We want to get married in the backyard but it definitely needs a lot of work before it'll look even remotely beautiful.

Notes:
  • Title "Closer" by Ne-Yo
  • Will has had the want to get engaged to Alexa for ages and Alexa has had the want to get married even longer. They've definitely waited long enough so I got them engaged right away.
  • I moved Joie Délicieuse to Exmoor since it makes sense that there's a luxurious restaurant in the most luxurious part of the neighborhood. I still need to do something to the lot, I've grown to hate it.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, congratulations to Will and Alexa - definitely sounds like they waited long enough!

    I love that Chase is still friends with Charlie. I wonder if his daughter would love it though!

    Heh, I need to do something to almost all my community lots! I'm starting to hate most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Will rolled the want to get engaged right after they started going steady and that was when Alexa started college 5 years ago. Alexa doesn't seem to care who she marries, she just wants to get married LOL

    I love most of my community lots at first but after playing for a while I ignore the good and just focus on the bad qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations on the engagement. Um, I feel a bit bad since I honestly don't remember Will at all. Where did he come from? When did they start dating? Am I missing a bunch of posts or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple Valley, don't feel bad! Will is a former townie and this is the first update where he's actually listed as part of the family.

    Alexa started dating him about 5 (sim)years ago and he has been mentioned in some of Alexa's university posts and some of the older Harper updates. Alexa did have a crush on him before she went to college but he felt that she was too young for him at that time.

    ReplyDelete